Kim Kelley loves to learn and explore new techniques and hopes that any art she creates leads someone to find their inner creative artist. On discovering Sharpie Markers on a Pinterest, she decided to click on the actual site of Sharpie to try it out. The following are the materials she used:
- Sharpie Markers
- White embossing powder
- 4 2×2 tiles
- Heat gun
- Rubbing alcohol
- Teal and Yellow paint
- Stampin’ Up scripture stamp: Romans 12:12 and Philippians 4:13
And how does one go about it:
- Start out with 4 marble tiles which are meant to be used as magnets for the fridge and are only about 2” x 2”.
- Start coloring by using a few Sharpie Pens.
- Using an eye dropper, drop the alcohol in spots and then cringe. This is one of the most fun bits.
- Leave it to try for a few days then ink up the stamp and add the powder
- After it dries, add a finishing spray by Krylon let that dry a day and re-stamp them but make sure you add powder using the heat fun.
- In the event the edges look too messy, you can choose a teal and a yellow orange color to paint the edges.
- You can add another layer of finishing spray if after painting the edges they still look dull.
It is said that this technique gives out creative and wonderful work.