Kim Kelley is a lover of learning and exploring new techniques. She believes that any art she creates leads someone into finding their inner creative artist. Instead of using products that were all the same color and style, she goes out to try on a new project using canvas. Anything she came across made her smile. This is what she collected:
- Chipboard from Dusty Attic
- 8 X 10 canvas
- Glue gun
- White gesso
- Spray mist by 13 arts Pearl Brown Light
- Spray mist by Smooch Vanilla Shimmer
- Miscellaneous charms and flowers from stash
- Spray mist by Lindy’s Shabby Turbine Teal, Mad Hatter Mint, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Opal Sea Oats
- Finishing spray by Krylon
Here are the steps
- Glue all the collected compounds onto the canvas using the glue gun while using gesso to cover them over the entire canvas.
- After drying, use the mist colors to make the spray puddles to what you want. Make sure you have added enough of color.
- If you have to, you can add more embellishments.
- Finally do the spraying on the entire canvas. This will give the canvas a shine and will also protect the creation.
According to Kim, life is too short and you cannot afford to waste it. This can be confirmed with her obsession for crafting and the fact that she loves mixed media which allows her go beyond her comfort zone.