The colors and textures of mixed media are some of the elements that leave Sandra Parés amazed. She enjoys creating and getting her hands dirty with paint and gesso. And with the festivities around the corner, she brings to you an ideal way of making someone’s Christmas using a small gift bag. The following are the materials you need:
- Regular white acrylic paint and brush
- Acrylic paint: Acrylic Glaze Silk
- Black gesso and sponge
- 1 template
- Ribbon to make the handles.
- 1 recycled tetra brikthat we will have cleaned before.
Steps in making the gift bag
- Cut the tetra brik in half to make the small bag. You can make it larger or smaller according your personal idea.
- Using a sponge cover the whole outer surface of the tetra brik with black gesso.
- Once gesso is dry, paint the whole surface of gesso with the acrylic paint.
- When the paint is dry, you can polish the edges of the tetra brik with the adhesive tape.
- Take a template to add a picture on the bag. You will stencil the template with a sponge onto one side or both. If you stencil onto both sides, you have to wait to have the first side dry before you stencil onto the other side.
The last thing now remaining is to add ribbon so as to make the handles. You realize how simple it is to make someone’s Christmas.