Michelle G. Brown understands that many of us have an inner need to create and by learning a few basic techniques the amazing world of mixed media art is accessible to everyone. It is for this reason and the passion in her that she gives you this painting tutorial while using Dina Wakely Paints.
Materials and tools needed.
- Dina Wakely Paints
- 10” x 12” canvas
- Scrap paper
- Sequence Scrap
- Masking Tape
- Archival Inks
- Removable adhesive
- Stencil Girl Stencils
- Black markers
- Impasto medium
- Blending tool
- Gather up your blank canvas or art journal
- Prime with Gesso and leave to dry
- Add texture with Impasto medium and Sequence Scrap
- Leave overnight to dry
- Add colour with the acrylic paints
- Continue to build up colours and Leave to fully dry
- Use the Masking tape to add masked lines to the painted canvas.
- Add a layer of Gesso,applied with an old credit card
- While gesso is still wet, carefully remove the masking tape. Take care with this step; it can get a bit messy.
- Using your range of black markers, outline “roads” and add other features.
- Gather your stencils and stencil with the Archival inks.
- Put the stencil in place and add a little masking tape to hold it.
- Add ink and remove the stencil as well as the masks.
You only need to add a few finishing touch ups to your work and you are good to admire your work.