Martice Smith II stunning illustrations reveals her love for fashion, typography and wildlife while being able to use a combination of analogue and digital techniques. Below she brings to you a fun twist on the classic matchbook style design which she uses to create beautiful, miniature artbooks with a variety of decorative cardstock, sketchbook papers and a stapler.
- A variety of stamps
- Ruler and Pencil
- Stapler and Scissors.
- Bone folder
- Blank Sketchbook paper
- Cardstock or decorative papers
Steps to follow
- Cut the cardstock and sketchbook papers to size with the measurement for artbook cover being 4.5 inches long by 2 inches wide and Measurement for blank sketchbook paper: 2 inches by 2 inches.
- Fold up one edge with the decorative side facing down then fold up one of the edges about 1/2-inch.
- Gather the pieces of blank sketchbook paper and tuck them inside the fold.
- Staple the fold 1/4-inch up from the folded edge.
- Take the other end of the cover over the blank sketchbook paper and line it up with the bottom edge of the fold.Tuck this same edge under the 1/2-inch piece of stapled cardstock to form the matchbook-styled artbook.
It takes less than 30minutes to make one hence you can make so many at a time. This is easily achieved by use of imagine which brings out very unique shapes. Lightweight paper works best for this project. Have fun creating.