If you did not know that you would make decorative fridge magnet with mixed media, Sandra Pares who is more often than not amazed by colours and textures will tell you how through this write up. This is especially useful for those who forget to bring gifts to family and friends after being on holiday.
What supplies and materials will you need?
- Acrylic paints in various colours
- Modelling paste
- Adhesive magnetic tape
- A square piece of wood 6x6cm
- Stencil to make abstract backgrounds
- Sponge and brush.
- Old credit card
- Stencil with a sharp image to fit inside the square 6x6cm
The procedure to follow is:
- Put gesso on wood and let it dry completely. You will have put ready the support for painting while you choose the lighter colours from the acrylic paints to paint the surface.
- When the layer is dry, take a stencil that allows you to add texture over the background and with a sponge stencil the template using a contrasting colour to the background layer.
- Once dried take another template and choose a stencil with a sharp image. With the credit card catch some modelling paste and fill the gap with the paste. You will have an embossed figure. Let it dry a few hours until the paste is completely harden.
- When the paste is dry paint the figure with acrylic paints. You can paint around the edge to give sense of well finished. When all the work is dry put a piece of adhesive magnetic tape to get the magnet.
That’s it. Happy Creating!