Shari Welch is a mixed media artist known for using reuse and recycle materials in her artwork.She is passionate about mixed media art and enjoys helping others discover their creativity.With a little imagination the possibilities of being able to reuse the board, box, or game pieces to create something artistic and beautiful are endless.
She gives some basic instructionsof how one can decorate dominoes. You will need supplies like:
- Small piece of wood.
- Cotton pads
- Domino game pieces
- Mod Podge Matte clear acrylic spray sealer
- Hand drill with a small bit.
Here are some ideas to finish your dominoes:
- Key chain, Ball chain, leather, magnets
- Sharpie or any permanent marker
- Rubber stamps, permanent ink pad
- Found trinkets, beads, ribbon, eyelets
- Old comic books and newsprint
- Mod podge dimensional magic
Read below the steps to follow:
- Wipe your domino with alcohol to insure no oils or dust is on them.
- Drill a hole if you so require. E.g. If you are making a necklace or you are adding embellishments.
- Add a background. Paper, alcohol inks, markers, stickers, rubber stamps will do.
- Let your back ground dry then spray with an acrylic sealer.
- Add more colors, stamping etc. once the sealer is dry. You can add embellishments to your domino if you wish.
Creativity here is of essence and before you take your old games to the donation station, take a second look at them.