With her art style that is fun, whimsy and eclectic Melanie Statnick is a Canadian Mixed Media & Collage Artist creates art daily from her private studio. She has so far learned how to make books and other note pads with recyclable paper towel rolls and bath room tissue rolls. She says that there are many different ways to make and design these and from the example below, you can learn more:
Supplies you will need to acquire include:
- Craft paper or scrap book.
- Paper Roll
- Micron or copic pens
- Hole punch
- Images, letter, word art
- Binder Rings
- Gel Medium.
The following is the process of creating your mini Book.
- Flatten out the paper roll. Cut it in half. Glue the inside of both rolls to create your front and back cover and let dry.
- Measure approximately where you want to have your holes and use the hole punch to punch through. Then measure and cut your craft paper the same size as your roll covers and punch holes in each to match your covers.
- When your papers are cut use four and glue them to your covers front and back.
- When you are finished with your pages use your binder rings to hold the book together.
You can find more ideas on Pinterest and you can also involve your children since the creating is all easy and fun.