Kate Palmer loved playing with mixed media and techniques and most of her work incorporates sparkly media of some sort, which is used on journal pages, canvases, scrapbooks or handmade cards. Some of the materials you will require include:
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint: Seashell White, Royal Fuchsia, Deep Lilac and Laguna Blue
- Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Deep Purple, Aquamarine, Magenta Hue and Watering Can
- Delicata Ink Pad – Golden Glitz
- Dina Wakely & Stampington – Create with Abandon & Script Heart
- Stampers Anonymous – Spills & Splatters
- Pam Carriker – Honeycomb
- Kaisercraft – Bubble Wrap
- Old credit card or paint scraper
The steps include:
- Randomly spray paper or canvas with a variety of Lindy’s Stamp Gang Sprays and allowing it to dry.
- Use a credit card and Ceramcoat Royal Fuchsia paint then scraping the edge along the paper.
- Using this same scraping technique add a little of the Laguna Blue
- Continue to scrape paint onto the background, but add a few horizontal elements.
- Add some of the Seashell White to tone it down.
- Using Aquamarine ink add some Bubble Wrap impressions
- Using Magenta Hue ink add some Honeycomb stamped images
- Add a little darkness to the background – but be careful not to overwhelm the more delicately colored layers underneath.
Note she advises that you have a little bit of ‘something’ everywhere on the page as you never know which bits will be seen in the final piece.