Creativity is a process that one has to work on according to Mixed Media Art. Gloriann Irizarry who creates paper clay fairy throne with vines and roses confirms the same. The following are the materials she recommends that you use if you have to achieve big on this project: –
- Acrylic paints and paint brushes
- Embossing tools
- Clay roller
- Ivy leaf cutter
- Creative Paper clay Material
- Hot glue gun and refills
- Foam board, ruler and eraser
- Scissors and pencil among many others.
Gloriann advises that you start with a sketch which will ultimately act as a guide of how the final project will be like besides ensuring that you have the right measurements. Step for this project include:
- Trace the pieces down to your foam board and carefully cut with a sharp Xacto knife blade
- Use the hot glue gun to piece them up
- Roll out the creative Paper clay material in 1/4 thickness sheet once all the glue is dry. Clear out any excessive clay with scissors.
- The entire piece of Throne will be heavy and fragile due to the clay moisture once it’s dry.
- Work the second coat all over the first layer from head to feet once more but don’t let the second coat completely dry. Instead, mist the Throne with the spray water so it is a lot easier to add the final details to the piece.
- Decorations will begin thereafter with the embellishments you have and your piece of art will be set to go.
You will have finally put your creativity to test.